The Financial Stability Partnership
The mission of the Financial Stability Partnership is to help individuals meet their financial needs. This is done through free tax preparation clinics, financial flashmob presentations, a free prescription drug discount card, and soon a one-on-one financial mentoring program.
The United Way movement seeks to strengthen communities by identifying and tackling the underlying causes of the most serious social issues facing our nation. Increasingly, the economic and financial pressures facing hard-working people are exacerbating the other social issues. So United Way has expanded its work to include strengthening the financial stability of individuals and families.
Who benefits from this work?
Hard-working families by helping them to:
- Increase Income
- Build Savings
- Gain and Sustain Assets
- Employers by creating a stronger, more crisis-resistant workforce.
- Communities by increasing home and business ownership, and the financial stability of its residents.
How is the Financial Stability Partnership doing this?
1. EITC/Free Tax Assistance Sites: Free Tax Preparation clinics are available in February, March and April each year. At these clinics, volunteers complete and e-file clients' federal and state income tax returns, and promote the Earned Income Tax Credit. Many families do not take advantage of or are unaware of the EITC, which could increase their tax refund by up to $4,000.
2. Financial Flashmob Presentations: Volunteers present "10 Things Everyone Should Know About Money" at these Financial Flashmob presentations to groups and individuals. The "10 Things" provides insight and tips on changing your money behaviors, in order to be financially stable.
3. FamilyWize Prescription Drug Discount Card: This free card provides an average discount of 30% off medications NOT covered by insurance. It is free to everyone of all ages, income levels and medical backgrounds. There is no registration. Cards can be picked up at the United Way office or downloaded here.
For more information, contact Amy Davis at email@example.com or call (740) 454-6872.