- Our United Way
- Local Investment of Funds
- Community Impact
- Financial Stability Partnership
- Partner Agencies
- Contact Us
Community Impact is less about helping one person at a time and more about changing systems to help all of us. We are all connected and interdependent. With this philosophy, United Way of MPM has adopted goals with outcomes around Income, Education, and Health, plus Safety Net Services.
We have identified these outcomes through other conversations with community groups including the Community Impact team and community members. We know that if we work towards achieving these outcomes through collaboration and partnerships among agencies, businesses, and community members, we will have a healthier, better educated, more financially stable community.
Our outcomes and the work around them are outlined below.
Education Outcomes & Programs
- Increase school readiness for pre-school children (focus outcome).
- Improve in behavior and social interaction, especially in programming outside the school day.
- Increase the number of young adults who graduate and make a successful transition to work or higher education.
Become GED Ready with ABLE (thru The Literacy Council)
Boy Scouts (thru Muskingum Valley Council, Boy Scouts of America)
Cub Scouts (thru Muskingum Valley Council, Boy Scouts of America)
Ohio College Guides Program (thru Scholarship Central)
Reach Out and Read (thru Muskingum County Literacy Council)
Toddler Enrichment Program (thru The Carr Center)
Youth Mentoring (thru Big Brothers Big Sisters of Zanesville)
Youth Program (thru Eastside Community Ministry)
Youth Program (thru The Lifewell)
Youth Program (thru Zanesville Civic League)
Safety Net Outcomes & Programs
- Provide access to food and transportation (focus outcome).
- Provide access to timely, short-term assistance, including food, shelter, clothing, disaster relief, and referral services.
Emergency Relief (thru Eastside Community Ministry)
Emergency Services (thru Muskingum Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross)
Emergency Shelter (thru The Salvation Army)
Employee Transporation Network ETN a Para-Transit Program (thru ACCEL)
Soup Kitchen (thru The Salvation Army)
2-1-1 Call Center (thru United Way of MPM)
Income Outcomes & Programs
- Increase budgeting and other financial skills and habits (focus outcome).
- Keep people in their homes.
- Increase household income and family assets, especially through the Earned Income Tax Credit.
Homeless Prevention/Utility (thru The Salvation Army)
Payee Services (thru Catholic Social Services)
Free Tax Preparation Clinics (thru United Way of MPM)
Health Outcomes & Programs
- Provide access to physical, dental and/or mental health care and education (focus outcome).
- Provide access to affordable medication.
- Provide access to mental health and substance abuse services for children and adolescents.
- Increase the percentage of youth and adults who are healthy and avoid risky behaviors.
Blood Services (thru Muskingum Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross)
Dental Health Program (thru Perry County Health Department)
Healthy Babies for Life (thru Perry County Health Department)
Student Assistant Services (thru Morgan Behavioral Health Choices)
The Field of Dreams Projects (thru The Fieldhouse Foundation)
Tobacco Treatment & Cessation Support (thru Perry County Cancer Alliance)