Community Impact is less about helping one person at a time and more about changing systems to help all of us. We are all connected and interdependent. With this philosophy, United Way of MPM has adopted goals with outcomes around Income, Education, and Health, plus Safety Net Services.
We have identified these outcomes through other conversations with community groups including the Community Impact team and community members. We know that if we work towards achieving these outcomes through collaboration and partnerships among agencies, businesses, and community members, we will have a healthier, better educated, more financially stable community.
Our outcomes and the work around them are outlined below.
Education Outcomes & Programs
- Increase school readiness for pre-school children (focus outcome).
- Improve in behavior and social interaction, especially in programming outside the school day.
- Increase the number of young adults who graduate and make a successful transition to work or higher education.
Reach out and Read (thru Muskingum County Literacy Council)
Boy Scouts (thru Muskingum Valley Council, Boy Scouts of America)
Cub Scouts (thru Muskingum Valley Council, Boy Scouts of America)
Ohio College Guides Program (thru Scholarship Central)
Toddler Enrichment Program (thru The Carr Center)
Youth Mentoring (thru Big Brothers Big Sisters of Zanesville)
Youth Program (thru The Lifewell)
Summer Day Camp (thru Muskingum Family YMCA)
Income Outcomes & Programs
- Increase budgeting and other financial skills and habits (focus outcome).
- Keep people in their homes.
- Increase household income and family assets, especially through the Earned Income Tax Credit.
- Provide access to food (focus outcome).
- Provide access to timely, short-term assistance, including food, shelter, clothing, disaster relief, and referral services.
Homeless Prevention/Utility (thru The Salvation Army)
Payee Services (thru Catholic Social Services)
Emergency Relief (thru Eastside Community Ministry)
Disaster Services (thru Muskingum Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross)
Emergency Shelter (thru The Salvation Army)
Soup Kitchen (thru The Salvation Army)
Homeownership Creation & Preservation Project (thru Habitat for Humanity)
2-1-1 Call Center (thru United Way of MPM)
Free Tax Preparation Clinics (thru United Way of MPM)
Health Outcomes & Programs
- Provide access to physical, dental and/or mental health care and education (focus outcome).
- Provide access to affordable medication.
- Provide access to mental health and substance abuse services for children and adolescents.
- Increase the percentage of youth and adults who are healthy and avoid risky behaviors.
Dental Health Program and Healthy Smiles (thru Perry County Health Department)
The Field of Dreams Project and Fit Kids (thru The Fieldhouse Foundation)
Swim Lessons (thru Muskingum Family YMCA)
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Maint. Program (thru Muskingum Recreation Center)
Weight Management for Adults w/ DD and Summer Fitness (thru Muskingum Recreation Center)
Open Gym (thru Zanesville Civic League)
Smoking Cessation (thru Perry County Cancer Alliance)
Cooking Camp (thru Food Works Alliance)
Wellness Initiative (thru Six County Inc.)